Tea has been a part of communities for centuries. It is the most consumed beverage besides water on the planet. And it has some amazing health benefits. Here are some we have found.
- Green tea is loaded with health benefits and the biggest benefit is catechins. Catechins are antioxidants that fight and may even prevent cell damage. Green tea is lightly oxidized and processed before it reaches your hands so it is rich in catechins! So drink up!
- Avoid boiling water when making green tea. It's bad for catechins, the healthy chemicals in the tea. To protect the antixoidants in the tea be sure to keep the temperature around 160-170 degrees.
- Add lemon! Vitamin C makes the catechins easier to absorb in your body. While on the other hand, dairy makes it harder to absorb them in to your body. if we're not feeling the citrus we like to add coconut milk or almond milk to our green tea matcha as a great alternative to dairy. (wedmd.com)
- Theanine is a natural chemical found in green tea and can provide a calming effect when drinking green tea. Theanine also regulates the caffeine being released in your body so you have a longer lasting energy.
- Green tea has also been shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol. (webmd.com) Here are some resources we used and use to look up healthy facts!
Dr. Draxe, Benefits of Green Tea